USING THE TRIPSETTER RESERVATION SYSTEM
You have two options when it comes to making reservations at participating resorts. Use our 24/7 Tripsetter online reservation system or call our Coast Member Services Center. A quick guide to using each option is explained below.
Enjoy the ease of making your reservations 24/7 with our exclusive Tripsetter reservation system, available when you sign in at CoastResorts.com. You can use Tripsetter to make RV site reservations at network resorts. In addition to making reservations, Tripsetter allows you to change and cancel reservations, view reservation history and upcoming reservations, print reservation confirmations, and buy Trip Points to book reservations.
The Tripsetter Internet-based reservation system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, simply by using your computer, smartphone, or other Internet-enabled device.
Note that Good Neighbor Park reservations cannot be made in Tripsetter but must be made by calling the Good Neighbor Park directly. Also cabin and other rentals may not be booked through Tripsetter but require a call directly to the Resort or Good Neighbor Park (for rentals found in the Coast Annual Resort Directory).
How to Book a Tripsetter Reservation Online
- Go to CoastResorts.com, click on Register in the top right corner of the homepage, and fill out the Member Registration Form using your permanent Coast to Coast membership number and email address.
- Sign in at CoastResorts.com, scroll over Find a Resort at the top of the page, and in the dropdown menu click on Find a Resort.
- Click on the state you want to visit, either on the U.S. map or the state list below the map. There are also options at the top of the map for Canada and Mexico.
- When you click on a state you will see a map of that state indicating locations of Resorts and Good Neighbor Parks. There is also a listing of the same facilities below the state map, this list is sortable by each of the three headers (park name, city, & type).
- To find out more about a particular Resort or Good Neighbor Park, click on the facility name to view a profile page for that facility.
- To check availability, click on the Check Availability icon on either the state listing page or the facility profile page. For Good Neighbor Parks, this will take you to a page with information on how to contact the GNP to book your reservation and pay the GNP directly. For participating resorts, this will take you to Step 1 of the Tripsetter booking process.
- In Step 1, Select Unit & Dates, select available dates (those with green check marks), provide your RV details (vehicle type, length, number of slide-outs & amps required), as well as occupant details and click on “book reservation”.
- If you have sufficient Trip Points in your account to pay for this reservation, you will be directed to Step 2, Confirm Booking.
- If you do not have sufficient Trip Points for a reservation, you will be advised you have to Buy Coast Trip Points. Click on the link to proceed to the Coast Trip Points Package Purchase screen, which will take you through the process to purchase additional Trip Points with your credit card. Once purchased, Trip Points will appear immediately in your member account. When you complete this purchase, you will be taken to the Step 2 screen, Confirm Booking.
- In Step 2, Confirm Booking, check that your Personal Details and Reservation Details are correct. If not, click Go Back and edit the information; if so, click Continue.
- In Step 3, Confirmation, you receive your confirmation. You may print the confirmation at this time, or you can access and print your confirmation at any time by clicking on View Upcoming Reservations.
COAST MEMBER SERVICES
When you don’t have Internet access, you’ll be glad to know the Coast to Coast Member Services Center is available weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays between 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time for you to make RV site reservations at network resorts. Call 800-368-5721.
NOTE: CANCELLATION POLICY AND RESERVATIONS WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL
- Be sure to cancel your reservation if you’re unable to honor your booking. If you don’t change or cancel your reservation by 6:00 p.m. (resort time) the day prior to your arrival date, your account will be charged the amount of Trip Points equal to the resort’s minimum-stay requirement. We enforce this rule because the resort may have turned away another guest to hold the space for you. Please be considerate—and save your Trip Points too.
- Reservations made within 72 hours of your arrival date must be made directly with the Resort; they cannot be made through the Tripsetter reservation system.
Trip Points are electronic stored value instruments that are redeemable for overnight resort stays at participating resorts in the Coast to Coast network. Each participating resort has agreed to accept Trip Points instead of cash as payment for stays.
Members can either purchase Trip Points or earn Trip Points (for example, through promotional offers). Trips Points can be purchased online through Tripsetter or by calling Coast Member Services. Members can use the Good Sam Rewards Visa® credit card to earn Trip Points.
The basic Trip Point value is $1.00 = 100 Trip Points*. You can receive free promotional points** when you buy certain higher-value Trip Point packages. Here's a sample of the currently available Trip Point packages:
*Prices are subject to change.
**Additional points received at no additional charge.
It's easy to review your Trip Points balance online anytime you wish, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by logging into your member account on our website, CoastResorts.com. You may also check your Trip Points balance through Coast to Coast Member Services, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays between 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Maintaining an active Coast membership is a condition that must be satisfied in order to be eligible to purchase, earn, gift, or otherwise redeem Trip Points. Trip Points that you purchase do not have an expiration date and may be used by you as long as you have a currently active Coast membership. In the event your membership becomes inactive or delinquent or you terminate your membership, your Trip Points will no longer be available for redemption; however, if you subsequently reactivate or renew your membership, your Trip Points balance will become available for use. Trip Points you receive free of charge as the result of a promotional offer and other points that you may receive that were not purchased will have an expiration date. Complete terms and condition of the Trip Points are provided in the membership terms and conditions.
GIFTING TRIP POINTS
Trip Points are easily gifted to anyone with a currently active Coast membership, but they are not refundable and may not be redeemed for cash (unless otherwise required by law). You can gift Trip Points only if you are an active Coast member and your Trip Points must be gifted to someone with a currently active Coast membership. When you gift your Trip Points to another Coast to Coast member, there is a $10 administrative fee. To gift Trip Points, call Coast Member Services at 800-368-5721.