Coast Resorts Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Splendide dryer solution?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Splendide dryer solution?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
bob b

Grants Pass, Or

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/03/22 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all who have experienced shut-down during the drying cycle I have some info. Ours was caused by a buildup of damp lint in the dryer discharge passage. Not the flex vent hose but just inside the machine, about five inches down from where the hose attaches. I was able to extract the lint "balls" with a hook I bent from a section of wire coat hanger. It works fine now but I've been wondering why it happens.
It may be a design flaw, there is a sharp 90 degree bend the dryer air must make or, we may be the cause of the problem by the procedure we follow when drying. We have always pulled the clothes out while still damp and hung them to lessen wrinkles. This may allow the wet lint a chance to gather as opposed to drying and blowing out the vent hose. We are still removing our clothes but letting the dryer run to complete the cycle. Let's hope this works! Bob


bob b

phil-t

Ogdensburg, NY

Full Member

Joined: 09/05/2017

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/03/22 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you been doing the clorox cleaning cycle? Ours had a marked drying time increase, ran the clorox cleaning and it came to drying life. Must do something to the accumulated lint stuck in the inards.


2014 Allegro 36LA

Blaster Man

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/04/22 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

phil-t wrote:

...Have you been doing the clorox cleaning cycle?...


Would you pass whatever that is on to the rest of us, please.


2014 American Eagle

Ray,IN

IN, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2001

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 12/06/22 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the latest/new Splendide method of lint removal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTdW7bAdkk


And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/07/22 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ray,IN wrote:

This is the latest/new Splendide method of lint removal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTdW7bAdkk


This is for the Washer/Dryer Combo. The OP stated he had a vent hose. Washer/Dryer Combo's are worthless to dry clothes. As to the OP, I have worked on Splendide's for over 20 years(hundreds) and have NEVER seen the kind of blockage the OP stated he had. ALWAYS, the blockage has been the exit at the back of the dryer and/or the vent flex tube out the back to outside has built up lint. Now, the one thing that may cause the OP's problem is IF he has any screen filter at the back outlet of the dryer or anywhere else. I have NEVER installed or seen an OEM install have any type screen filter at the heat exit connection on a Splendide Dryer. Doug

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2021

View Profile



Posted: 12/07/22 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug, the Splendide washer dryer combo does have a vent hose. There are non-vented versions but that's not what the OP is talking about. I have also seen (and owned) a Splendide with a filter in the exhaust at the exhaust exit. Mine just had a slot you reached into to pull the filter up.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/07/22 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

Doug, the Splendide washer dryer combo does have a vent hose. There are non-vented versions but that's not what the OP is talking about. I have also seen (and owned) a Splendide with a filter in the exhaust at the exhaust exit. Mine just had a slot you reached into to pull the filter up.


You are correct. I should have stated NON VENTED Splendide Washer/Dryer combo. Also, the way almost ALL OEM's install and secure the Vented dryers, there is no easy way to remove to clean that screen vent. Which is why nobody installs the screen vent, including me. The Oem's and I install a shelf above the combo as the customers do not want to lose that storage space. So, installing the screen vent at the back of the Splendide cannot be done unless you want to lose that extra shelf space.
Doug.

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2021

View Profile



Posted: 12/08/22 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You just make a slot above the location of the filter so you can reach down and remove it. I know it takes a bit more work, but it is done in some installations. It can also be a hinged door, but access can be provided.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/22 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

You just make a slot above the location of the filter so you can reach down and remove it. I know it takes a bit more work, but it is done in some installations. It can also be a hinged door, but access can be provided.


Your comments made me go and look back at various install manuals for Splendide. OLDER models did have that removable lint screen like on some household models. But, the ones I have installed(AND OEM installs) did NOT come with a removable lint screen. Just the screw on adapter that you hook the flexable vent hose to. Also, nobody mentioned(I also forgot), the front debris/lint plastic filter, that you need to check a few times a month, maybe more if you use the washer/dryer combo a lot. This would not be on a dryer only. Doug

Ray,IN

IN, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2001

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 12/08/22 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Ray,IN wrote:

This is the latest/new Splendide method of lint removal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTdW7bAdkk


This is for the Washer/Dryer Combo. The OP stated he had a vent hose. Washer/Dryer Combo's are worthless to dry clothes. As to the OP, I have worked on Splendide's for over 20 years(hundreds) and have NEVER seen the kind of blockage the OP stated he had. ALWAYS, the blockage has been the exit at the back of the dryer and/or the vent flex tube out the back to outside has built up lint. Now, the one thing that may cause the OP's problem is IF he has any screen filter at the back outlet of the dryer or anywhere else. I have NEVER installed or seen an OEM install have any type screen filter at the heat exit connection on a Splendide Dryer. Doug

Apology accepted.
After working on Splendide units for 20 years, I'm surprised you'd make that mistake.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Splendide dryer solution?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.