Coast Resorts Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Annual membership; auto re-new?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

 > Annual membership; auto re-new?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
NHIrish

White Mountains NH

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/24/14 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an auto renew on my annual membership. While shopping at the Conway, NH store last week I was told that Good Sam would no longer be doing the auto renew because of credit card fraud....and then they tried VERY hard to sell me a renewal.

Funny, but with a day or two I noticed my card auto re-new charge.

SO....what's going on. Frankly, I suspect that the stores get some kickback on renewals.


2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2011 Chevrolet 3500 DMAX ECLB
B&W Companion

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
">


DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2014

View Profile



Posted: 08/24/14 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NHIrish wrote:


SO....what's going on. Frankly, I suspect that the stores get some kickback on renewals.


You are right! But it is not the store, it is the salesperson or cashier. Telling a little white lie to get you to renew with them on the spot is apparently OK. Good thing you did not renew with them as you have then renewed twice! Good luck getting that corrected!

NHIrish

White Mountains NH

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/24/14 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

NHIrish wrote:


SO....what's going on. Frankly, I suspect that the stores get some kickback on renewals.


You are right! But it is not the store, it is the salesperson or cashier. Telling a little white lie to get you to renew with them on the spot is apparently OK. Good thing you did not renew with them as you have then renewed twice! Good luck getting that corrected!


I sent Marcus an e-mail...let's see what happens.

darsben

Central and Northern NY/ Casa Grande, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/14 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NHIrish wrote:

DownTheAvenue wrote:

NHIrish wrote:


SO....what's going on. Frankly, I suspect that the stores get some kickback on renewals.


You are right! But it is not the store, it is the salesperson or cashier. Telling a little white lie to get you to renew with them on the spot is apparently OK. Good thing you did not renew with them as you have then renewed twice! Good luck getting that corrected!


I sent Marcus an e-mail...let's see what happens.


Plus it will cost you a couple of extra bucks if renewed in store.
Good luck on an answer from Marcus. If he does answer you be sure to inform us.
You will probably have to start a new thread as the moderators are quick to close threads, this may be to stop people from letting us know about their (non) response from CW/Good Sam.


Traveling with my best friend my wife!

darsben

Central and Northern NY/ Casa Grande, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/26/14 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ANY response from CW?

NHIrish

White Mountains NH

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/01/14 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry it took so long to close this out, but yes...it took exactly one day to get a response from Good Same representatives.....sorry, not Marcus himself, but it was a reply from that office.

Seems like the ability to auto renew at the store level is gone (I don't understand that...if you auto renew, why is a store involved) but anyway, the auto renew on line is alive and well.

They promised to straighten out the store, and the next day the store manager called. Good to see them paying attention in this case.

The funny thing is that two days after that I had to go to the store again and endure the pitch to renew...seems like their two systems don't talk to each other as frequently as they should.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

 > Annual membership; auto re-new?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS