Coast Resorts Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Captain chair storage ideas in TH
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > Captain chair storage ideas in TH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
2500 Grunt

Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 10/11/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/16/14 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just bought a new TT TH http://www.goevergreenrv.com/page/272/28FS and am looking for creative ideas for storing the 2 captain swivel chairs that came with this trailer while traveling. For now we just slide them into the kitchen area and that leaves enough room for our 12.5' sandrail but we can't access the fridge or anything in the kitchen area while traveling or when we stop for a quick break. I though about the possibility of making some kind of rack that would fit over the front of our sandrail that would enable us to set the 2 chairs on top of this table/rack and the strap them down? They won't fit in the hallway into the bedroom(was thinking of setting them onto the queen bed) and we need the height in back over the rear of the car or under the happi Jack beds so I can't lay them on top of the bed? Has anyone else fabbed some kind of rack or storage system for this? It would be nice to utilize some of the vertical open area of the trailer without getting too crazy.


2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 SRW long bed
2014 FS28 Evergreen Amped TH Blue Ox 2000# WDH
2300CC VW turbo 4 seat sandrail, Yz450f, 350 Raptor quad


mrkoje

Great Falls, MT

Senior Member

Joined: 09/04/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/16/14 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your layout is pretty much identical to mine and what I do is move the chairs into the bedroom if I need to. Other than that though I don't really worry about it. I'm sure you could do the same unless you're trying to come up with a fancy plan to stow them, have access to the fridge and bed while underway.


RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4


2500 Grunt

Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 10/11/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/16/14 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mrkoje wrote:

Your layout is pretty much identical to mine and what I do is move the chairs into the bedroom if I need to. Other than that though I don't really worry about it. I'm sure you could do the same unless you're trying to come up with a fancy plan to stow them, have access to the fridge and bed while underway.


Mine won't fit down the hallway to the front bedroom.

Vulcanmars

Naples, FL

Senior Member

Joined: 10/18/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/17/14 04:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice unit. My garage space is similar. I often leave one or both chairs at home. I try to spend most of the time outdoors when camping so I don't miss them. If we have a few extra guest (grandkids) we leave the chairs at home and pack a folding card table with four folding chairs.


Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

dodgboy

Northern CA

Full Member

Joined: 04/21/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/17/14 10:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haul a RZR XP4900. I put the RZR close to one of the side walls. I put one chair on the floor between the other side wall and RZR. The other chair I put in the bed of the RZR.


2005 Dodge 2500 4X4 Cummins, BD Exhaust Brake, Edge Juice W/ Attitude, Banks Technicooler.
2009 Enduramax G-Force 3105 Toy Hauler
2012 Polaris RZR XP 4 900
1993 Geo Tracker
2004 Honda TRX 450R

nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/20/14 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy puts them in the back of his Rhino. You might look at a rack to fit on the front of the buggy? Just a thought.


DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

2500 Grunt

Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 10/11/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/20/14 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

You might look at a rack to fit on the front of the buggy? Just a thought.

That is the idea I had in mind since there is a lot of space available there. Not sure how or what would be the best way to secure a rack to the floor though?

nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/21/14 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2500 Grunt wrote:

nayther wrote:

You might look at a rack to fit on the front of the buggy? Just a thought.

That is the idea I had in mind since there is a lot of space available there. Not sure how or what would be the best way to secure a rack to the floor though?


I was thinking about attaching it to the buggy. But if yours in a high end car then you probably don't want to do that.

An aluminum rack would not be too heavy. Maybe with some rubber bottomed feet and span across the front of the car, then a couple of tie downs to hold it in place?

2500 Grunt

Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 10/11/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/21/14 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

2500 Grunt wrote:

nayther wrote:

You might look at a rack to fit on the front of the buggy? Just a thought.

That is the idea I had in mind since there is a lot of space available there. Not sure how or what would be the best way to secure a rack to the floor though?


I was thinking about attaching it to the buggy. But if yours in a high end car then you probably don't want to do that.

An aluminum rack would not be too heavy. Maybe with some rubber bottomed feet and span across the front of the car, then a couple of tie downs to hold it in place?


Attaching it to the frame of the car would eliminate having to figure out how to attach it to the floor which is harder to do IMO. It's not a high end car but I do have a front painted panel/skin on the front so I don't want to just lay something on top of it. Good ideas thanks!

Broccoli1

Los Angeles

Senior Member

Joined: 02/28/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/14 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much stuff do you carry in the bed of your truck? have a couple covers made for the chairs and just store them in the bed while traveling.

I just did a trip w/o mine- same problem- pain while they're in the hallway. Going to get some nicer folding camp chairs to replace them.


06 F250 V10 SB 4x4 Gulp Gulp
WW FSC2800
Rhino 660- 1980 Cobalt 18DV
CRF 50 & CRF 70
"Shoot, I'm the world's best backwards driver!"


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > Captain chair storage ideas in TH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS