Coast Resorts Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: vrv toyhauler
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > vrv toyhauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Next
squirtdog

torrey

New Member

Joined: 03/03/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/03/13 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am thinking of getting a VRV toyhauler. My total weight with gear,water,propane etc and weight of trailer should be about 6000lbs. I have heard that the tongue weight is about 10 to 15% of total weight. Is this correct? I should mention the the models I am looking at have a tongue weight of 650lbs. Any info would be appreciated. I have dodge 2500 diesel that has a hitch rated for 1200lbs tonge weight. Thanks-Don

Stevepro172

NJ

Full Member

Joined: 12/12/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/03/13 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

squirtdog wrote:

I am thinking of getting a VRV toyhauler. My total weight with gear,water,propane etc and weight of trailer should be about 6000lbs. I have heard that the tongue weight is about 10 to 15% of total weight. Is this correct? I should mention the the models I am looking at have a tongue weight of 650lbs. Any info would be appreciated. I have dodge 2500 diesel that has a hitch rated for 1200lbs tonge weight. Thanks-Don


I just talked to Livin Lite and my 8.5x22 VRV should be here in 4 weeks. I will let you know exact weights then. I heard from someone else that has a 26' VRV with front bedroom that his tongue weight is approx. 850 lbs loaded. I'm assuming mine will be close to that. The weight on the livin lite site are for the "standard" equipment. Sorry I can't tell you more until I get mine.

Steve

squirtdog

torrey

New Member

Joined: 03/03/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/04/13 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would apprecite any info when you get your vrv toyhauler. I really want to know the tongue weight when it is fully loaded. I will be using it for hauling two full size atv's weighting about 1300 lbs plus gear etc. Thanks-Don

Carrera man

Warrington, Pa.

Senior Member

Joined: 07/25/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/04/13 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm using my VRV 26 FB right now. I have only had it about two weeks and I'm on my way to Daytona. I have not had time to measure the tongue weight but I believe it's far less then 800 lbs. I have this thing loaded with much of the weight from the center of the axles back. Being a front bedroom you really can't put that much weight forward even though I have my storage compartment filled.
Cranking up the dolly is effortless. On this trip I had to loosen up the weight distributing bars to almost fill soft.
You haven't said which VRV your interested in.
None of the VRV's that I have seen are going to be a problem with your truck and many can be pulled with most 1/2 tons.


2008 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab 6.0 gas, 2013 Audi A5 Q, 2013 VRV 26FB Toy Hauler by Livin Lite , Triumph 1200 Explorer

squirtdog

torrey

New Member

Joined: 03/03/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/05/13 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am loooking at the 8.5x22 Quicksilver VRV toy hauler. Options will include Aventure Living package,extra propane tank,AC,50amp service,rear screen,18ft awning,sleeping package 2 and e-track system. I plan on carrying 2 Atv' that are 8ft long and a total of 93in wide. I would like to carry them side by side. I haven't been apply to find any inside dimensions and I have called VRV and having a hard time talking to anyone. Thanks-Don

Carrera man

Warrington, Pa.

Senior Member

Joined: 07/25/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/05/13 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

squirtdog wrote:

I am looking at the 8.5x22 Quicksilver VRV toy hauler. Options will include Aventure Living package,extra propane tank,AC,50amp service,rear screen,18ft awning,sleeping package 2 and e-track system. I plan on carrying 2 Atv' that are 8ft long and a total of 93in wide. I would like to carry them side by side. I haven't been apply to find any inside dimensions and I have called VRV and having a hard time talking to anyone. Thanks-Don


Have you been trying to call VRV or Livin Lit? Livin Lite is who made my VRV. There's also a person who left the company who I believe he calls himself VRV.
Livin Lite Phone # 574-862-2228 I have talked to Don at ext 104. He's a great guy.
The trailer your describing can be pulled with just about any size truck. I'm not sure if you can fit your ATV's side by side as you have wheel wells to contend with over the axles. Not sure if you have 8'behind the wells on the model your thinking of.

squirtdog

torrey

New Member

Joined: 03/03/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/05/13 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info. Don

4monkeys

Southwest Ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/08/13 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if this info helps you any, but we have a VRV from Livin Lite - a 6x15, and the inside floor, wall to wall, measures 5ft 7in.
Since the VRV you're looking at says "Quicksilver", that's made by Livin Lite.
It's so hard to order these, since you can't go around exploring a bunch of different sizes, models w/ various options, etc.

Phase3

Bay Shore, NY

New Member

Joined: 03/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/22/13 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carrera,

I just got the '26FB last week. Dealer told me I DON'T need sway/leveling bars. Livin Lite rep said not necessary. Mechanic said that drilling through the boxed trailer chassis and using metal bolts through the aluminum is not a good idea. Metal bolts will elongate the drilled holes from stress.

I'm not crazy about buzzing down the highway at 75mph and this thing throwing my quad cab in a ditch when a gust of wind strikes etc.

What are your thoughts?

Elliot

Carrera man

Warrington, Pa.

Senior Member

Joined: 07/25/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/22/13 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Phase3 wrote:

Carrera,

I just got the '26FB last week. Dealer told me I DON'T need sway/leveling bars. Livin Lite rep said not necessary. Mechanic said that drilling through the boxed trailer chassis and using metal bolts through the aluminum is not a good idea. Metal bolts will elongate the drilled holes from stress.

I'm not crazy about buzzing down the highway at 75mph and this thing throwing my quad cab in a ditch when a gust of wind strikes etc.

What are your thoughts?

Elliot


I would agree with your dealer. You do not need weight distributing bars on this trailer. The jury is still out on the swaybar though. My dealer installed both, but their idiots as far as I'm concerned. The trip down to Daytona was not fun with the WD bars installed the way they told me. Before I arrived at my current location I removed them complety and it towed better, still not right though. The trailer is waging down the highway. Even though I have two Honda 2000 generators in the front storage compartment along with a few heavy tool boxes and jacks, the trailer is loaded with all the stuff I need to vend in the back of the din-net set to the rear makes for a very light tounge weight. On my return trip I'm placing some of the heavy items over and forward of the axles where the sofa is. I'm also placing some of the other heavy items in my truck. I think you need at least 600 lbs of tongue weight for this to properly tow and I doubt I have much more then two hundred the way it was loaded on the way down. I'll let you know how things turn out on my return trip in a day or two.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > vrv toyhauler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS